Plank Mattress Review (2023)
Use Code: CYBER25
Use Code: CYBER25
- It is a dual side mattress
- The company produces various types of mattress models and designs
- They incorporate eco-friendly materials into their goods
- Premier yet affordable mattresses
- Plank Mattress Options: As an expert in the industry, this company produces various types of mattress models and designs to cater to the sleeping needs and habits of different types of sleepers.
- Plank Perks: the Plank is one of the firmest mattresses in the market, and it is not for everyone. It caters only to the preferences of particular types of sleepers.
- Plank Mattress Advantages: What’s so amazing about this brand is that they incorporate eco-friendly materials into their goods, such as CertiPUR US-certified foams.
There are different kinds of mattresses to suit your sleeping needs and preferences. There are those who like to sleep on squishy and fluffy foams, and then there are folks who want to sleep on a firmer mattress. Or the firmest as possible.
If the latter is the case for you, then your best option is a Plank mattress. This Plank mattress review will tell you about the details of this product.
Plank mattress is a product of Brooklyn Bedding, a company that’s known to create high-quality mattresses. What’s unique about Plank is that it is a dual side mattress. It’s flippable where you can use both sides, depending on the degree of firmness that you want for your bed.
#1 - What Is Brooklyn Bedding?
As an online mattress brand, Brooklyn Bedding has gained extreme popularity for selling premier yet affordable mattresses. As an expert in the industry, this company produces various types of mattress models and designs to cater to the sleeping needs and habits of different types of sleepers.
The Brooklyn Bedding factory is based in the US where they manufacture their products. What’s so amazing about this brand is that they incorporate eco-friendly materials into their goods, such as CertiPUR US-certified foams. It is certainly to be commended for its concern for the planet. Some of the mattress models offered by this brand are the Aurora and the Signature.
What about the Plank as a product of Brooklyn Bedding?
This mattress is dual-side, or flippable, and it is an all-foam one. You can choose to sleep on either side of the bed according to your firmness option. Basically, the Plank is one of the firmest mattresses in the market, and it is not for everyone. It caters only to the preferences of particular types of sleepers.
The Plank is suitable for:
- People who want to sleep on a really firm bed.
- People who tend to sleep on their stomachs and need much spinal support.
- People who like to sleep on their backs and want to do so on a firmer surface.
The Plank is not suitable for:
- People who sleep on their sides because they won’t get sufficient pressure relief.
- People who want to doze off on softer or medium beds.
Back to the top ↑
#2 - How Firm Is The Plank? What Is Its Feel?
You need to evaluate a mattress before purchasing it, and you do the same with the Plank. Begin by assessing how firm it is. What is its “feel”? These determine if the bed matches your sleeping preferences, in relation to your favorite sleeping positions, specifically.Back to the top ↑
#3 - Evaluating The Firmness Of The Plank
When measured on the firmness scale, that of the Plank’s is rated 8 out of 10 on its firm side. Its other side which is extra-firm measures 9 out of 10 on the same scale. This comes as quite astonishing because essentially, the average firmness of mattresses is only 6.5 out of 10 in industry standards.
You can thus surmise that both sides of the Plank are exceedingly firmer than the average. As you can see, the extra-firm side is rather astounding when it comes to compactness. Imagine when you sleep on it- it’s hard as a plank, so to speak, and you fundamentally will not sink when you lie down on it.Back to the top ↑
#4 - Sleeping On Either Of The Sides Of The Plank
How does it feel when you sleep on either of the side of this bed?
If you’re a back sleeper, you’ll find that the Plank is way too compacted. Being very firm and flat, it wouldn’t allow your hips to sink when you sleep, and therefore does not relieve its pressure.
In the same way, the extra-firm side of this mattress is too dense for side sleeping. It does not budge in any way, adding pressure on your hips and shoulders.
However, if you are a stomach sleeper, the extra-firm surface of the Plank is significantly beneficial. It provides ample support, especially on the hips by elevating it and keeping it aligned with your spine. The Plank is considered to be one of the best mattresses for stomach sleeping.
In terms of its firm side, you’ll find this product to be suitable for back sleeping. Being softer than the extra-firm side, it relieves pressure from your hips because this aspect sinks when you sleep on it.
If you’re a back sleeper who wants to sleep on a somewhat firmer bed, this side of the Plank matches your needs.
You’ll experience a good bounce when laying down on either side of this bed, although it has a compressed yet foam feel. You’re free to move around and change sleeping positions, mainly because it does not encumber you. You’re primarily dozing on top of it instead of “in” it.Back to the top ↑
#5 - Conclusion
Specific types of sleepers are suited to use the Plank, and with the right match, you’ll find it to be an amazing product.Back to the top ↑
- Flippable Firmness Levles for Perfectly Matched Firm Sleep Experience
- 120-night risk trial
- 10-year warranty
- Free shipping & returns
- Proudly made in Arizona, USA
- Not suitable for people who sleep on their sides because they won’t get sufficient pressure relief
*The above shall not be considered as an expert or professional advice for any matter.